Friday, January 24, 2014

Fire On The Roof....16º

Somewhere between 6 and 7am on Wednesday morning, I sat in our living room typing my blog...Rusty was on the sofa and Herb in his chair...My chair is a good spot to watch our morning sunrise, so in between sentences I glance out at the sky...This view also includes the back of Belle Peppers bed and breakfast...(No longer in business)....As I looked up on that particular morning, there was no sunrise but suddenly a red, florescent ball appeared on the roof of Belle Peppers, located at the base of a chimney as it comes through the roof...I did a double take and stood up to get a better look and said to Rusty and Herb, "Guys does this look like the start of a fire to you." They both looked at me like I was delusional (again), until they got a good look and said, "Yup, looks like it."...No flames but by now it was smoking and looked like it could be coming out of the attic...I dialed Belle Peppers, (disconnected number,) when Rusty said, "Mom just call 911" and Herb headed out the door saying, "I'll go knock on their door and make sure they are up and aware of the fire."

Rusty and I stood at the window and watched as the red glow got bigger and smoke began to appear...Then we could see someone at their back door and thought oh they are aware of the fire, but no the figure had just let the dogs out for their morning business and had no idea of the fire on the roof...Seemed like forever before the fire department arrived (only a matter of a few minutes) and quickly had water spraying on the roof...Only minimal damage to the roof and probably very lucky that it didn't happen in the middle of the night...You can read about this Joseph Land Mark, by clicking on the Belle Peppers link above...So glad we are still looking at the back of slightly damaged house and not a burned out shell as this is a nicely restored historical home...Hugs To All...OWAV:)




No comments:

Post a Comment