Monday, January 6, 2014

Reminisce on Barton Heights...17º



Barton Heights

Three years ago today I posted my first blog as "Oma With A View"...I had no idea what I would write about or even why I was writing and today I still don't know from one day to the next what I will post...An average of 323 blogs per year have appeared complete with photos, recipes, travel high lights, family history and just plain blathering about life here in Wallowa County and Barton Heights...A few people are regular followers and if I skip a couple of days, people check to see if I'm sick in bed...That keeps me writing, knowing I have an audience, also it is fun to look back and see what has happened over the years, since my memory isn't what it used to be!

Our simple life follows a pattern along with the seasons...Spring renews our spirit when our gardens come to life once again with the greening of spring...Then warm rain and sunshine bring the blooms  of summer...Long days on the deck, taking in the view or digging in the dirt, rejuvenates mind and body...Then quickly summer turns to fall as evenings cool, colors change and then we rest, read, sort and clean through the cold, crisp days of winter, until we are ready to start all over again.

January 2014 is much like it was three years ago "The Big Read" kicks off this week and "The Eagle Cap Extreme" dog race closes out the month and I suppose my blog will touch on both of those events as the month progresses.

Just a quick thank you to those who read and comment whether it be daily or occasionally, I appreciate knowing you are there...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment