Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Yesterday/Blur...23º

Up early yesterday, sun shining, with a normal Write People day and acupuncture in the afternoon...Rusty & Herb were in charge of dinner...I also had two other issues, that I really didn't want to deal with...1. Laptop battery is dying...2. New printer waiting to be installed.

First on the agenda was a filling breakfast of sourdough pancakes and ham...Now I was ready to face the day...After some research I found an authorized computer repair/apple store in Moscow, Idaho...Doable for us as we could combined it with a trip to Lewiston/Costco...First I had to convince the store to order the battery so we could make the trip, have the battery installed and back home all in one day...After talking to the store rep he agreed to have a tech call me late afternoon to see if we could work that out...Had a little time before WP, so with directions in hand Herb and I got ink in the printer, plugged it in and started the setup with the enclosed CD...Right away I had flashing warning signals going off in my mind as the CD was printed with MS/Windows...Not a good sign when you have a Mac computer...Put the printer install on hold and went to WP...Back home about noon, call Canon support to see about installing drivers or whatever I needed...An hour and a half later "Carlos" (english speaking, patient man) and I had installed 4 drivers for printer, scanner and wireless stuff...I hung up just in time to speed to Enterprise and my acupuncture appt...Couldn't have come at a better time!

Back home Rusty has elk roast in oven, Herb has potatoes ready to boil and Becky & John are coming to dinner...R and I decide to make a chocolate cake but I have a little time so decide to try to get the scanner to work on the new printer...It will work just won't let me open photo's in iPhoto (will work around that)...An hour before dinner time R starts on the cake with me helping, H is busy emptying the dishwasher & sets the table..The three of us do-si-do around the kitchen...As B & J walk in the door, I'm frosting the cake, table is ready, dinner is on the table...As I sit down and look around I say "OH S--t we forgot to cook the green beans!...The guys were sooooo disappointed that all they had to eat was meat, potatoes and dessert...(NOT)...We closed out the evening playing cards until nearly 10pm....Computer tech had called and is going to order the battery.

Sitting here this morning writing I have a full view of Belle Peppers Bed and Breakfast...I glance out and see a red "ball" atop their roof at the base of a chimney...More on this in tomorrow post...( Looks like only minimal damage to the roof)....Hugs To All...OWAV:)



No comments:

Post a Comment