Friday, May 23, 2014

Lakeside...45º

I took a break from gardening yesterday afternoon and spent time with friends gathered around a small table, lakeside, playing cards...I'm still a novice player so when I was dealt a "double run"(dream hand) I wasn't sure what to do...My friends said, " Just bid!".

It was a fun afternoon but I was itching to get outside...Durning a break between games and dessert I stood outside on the deck and my mind went back over 20 years when this lake "Wallowa Lake" was our family's playground...From 1974 to 1984 we spent weekends, evenings and more, water skiing, picnicing, fishing, swimming and sunbathing from our boat or our private dock on the lake...Other weekends we hauled the boat and tent over the "Wallowa Mountain Loop Road" to the snake river and its miles of reservoirs "Brownlee, Oxbow and Hells Canyon"...Here we also skied, fished and camped where the water was warmer and Herb's Dad could join us...Such memories, those were the days!..Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment