Friday, May 2, 2014

Walking/visiting...47º

Early morning yesterday found H and I outside again cleaning the rest of the ditch and hauling manure to the garden...I pruned the grape vines before a quick breakfast, shower and was ready for our daily walk at 9:30.

Pat and I walked the taxi way yesterday, moving over when the Joseph flying club plane came in for a landing...From there we visited with a mutual friend who lives up Hurricane Creek...Cindy gave us a tour of their cabin that started out as a vacation spot for family and friends but has now turned into their permanent home...It is built high above Hurricane Creek on a little knoll...The daily sunshine is limited so they have built raised beds, surrounded them with a deer fence, in the most sunny spot on the property...She shared some water cress starts, brought from California, with Pat, who then planted them on their property along a small meandering irrigation ditch.

Back home to the smell of roasting beef shank reminded me that I must get dinner ready...I spent the rest of the day reading and relaxing on the deck...Unusual for May 1st here in Wallowa County...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment