Thursday, May 15, 2014

Walking...45º

Any amount of walking is good but Pat and I are trying to map out a route of about 2 miles for our almost daily walks...We like having "up and down terrain," amazing views, away from traffic and not to far away from home...I have a pedometer, but it seems to not be working properly...Yesterday we huffed and puffed our way around Iwetemlykin for 1 1/2 hours and it read 1 1/2 miles...Now we are old and we are slow (especially me) but I think the pedometer got tired before we did and took a break.

We have some serious goals in mind; Me being able to walk up a moderate hill without gasping for breath and walking to the top of the moraine before summer is over (I'm thinking we might need to pack a lunch for this one.) Also I read in last nights paper that the gondola is opening this weekend and they are offering special rates for Senior Citizens of Wallowa County...Half price tickets and ride as many times as you wish in one day...Maybe later in the summer (after the snow melts on top of Mt Howard) we can ride the gondola and hike the trails up there...I use to do that with Cienna when she came for her summer visit...Enought blathering, the weeds are calling, I must get outside...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS,..I have extra rhubarb for free if anyone wants some.




No comments:

Post a Comment