Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sweet Memories...33º

I snapped photos of the Minam/Wallowa, Canyon/River yesterday as Herb navigated the curves...This stretch of road has become very familiar to us in the past 40 years and I for one never get tired of it, whether I'm driving or a passenger...For fifteen years I drove it at least once a month after Mom moved to Elgin...We did her shopping, doctors appointments, worked in her gardens and canned endless jars of pickles, fruit and meat...We laughed and cried as we reminisced about old times...They were good years, years to savor, remember and cherish...She has been gone for 9 years now but her memory is still alive and especially when we drive through Elgin...Occasionally I drive by her little house but it has fallen into disrepair, doesn't look like anyone loves it anymore, although some of her flowers still bloom where she planted them...So mostly I keep my memories, dig in the dirt, plant more flowers, savor my own blooms and remember her daily but especially on May 28th...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


Wallowa River


Lupines in bloom near Elgin

Mom was 42, I was 10
Mom, 90 yrs old

2 comments:

  1. Your mom was an amazing woman, and she left an impression on all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky to have her all those years and share her with my friends.

    ReplyDelete