Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Back in the Pool...48º

Water Therapy made possible by a donation from a local family started about two months ago at the Eagles View hotel in Enterprise...It is administered by our local hospital's Physical Therapy staff...Wallowa county's only indoor pool (that's right, sad to say we do not have a community swimming pool.) has, in past years, been used for water aerobics and kids swimming lessons...Yesterday I had my first Water Therapy session, still trying to rehabilitate my knee from orthoscopic surgery 2 years ago.

The hour flew by as Aaron and I picked up our conversation where we left off 3 weeks ago at my last regular PT appointment...We never seem to run out of conversation about my gardening, canning and his family...He is also busy helping his last two patients (both using walkers) making sure they get to the changing rooms and out to their cars...The pool is warm and relaxing as he straps 5# weights to each of my legs and with the bouyancy of the water and swim noodles, I easily move back and forth across the pool exercising my legs...I have appts. set up for the next three weeks, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Exercising in a pool is not new to me as in the late 80's Herb and I both started water aerobics in a private pool (Lockes) and went faithfully for 2 summers...Then in the early 90's I continued at the Eagle Cap Chalet (another indoor pool, rebuilt now into an outdoor pool) at a motel at the lake...And finally in the 2000's at the Best Western (now Eagles View) I attended classes for several years...Have always loved exercising in the water and realize its many benefits...Enough on this subject I have sour dough rising and card playing on todays agenda, plus a farewell dinner this evening for Dr Underhill, our dentist for the last 40 years...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment