Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Birthday Special...45º

1942, our World was at war, my parents had survived the Great Depression, lost a baby boy to pneumonia (before penicillin) already had four mouths to feed four other children and were struggling on a new farm to make ends meet...A new baby on the way probably wasn't the most joyous news...One consolation was that 50-50 chance that I would be a boy and that would make everyone happy...Mom told me many times in later years that upon my birth, none of my siblings would look at me and wanted to send me back...Of course as a newborn I had no idea that all of these issues surrounded my birth, so being a good natured "child" from the get go, I gurgled and cooed my way into their hearts and have never felt unloved or unwanted...My sister Barbara told me a few months ago that I was the "best mistake" our parents ever made...Hmmmm...wasn't sure how to take that but finally decided it was a complement...Always trying to look on the positive side.

I certainly can't complain about my life...Growing up on a farm, parents and siblings who grew to love me, made it though high school with only mild trauma, met and married into a family who soon grew to love me, have two children and a granddaughter who also claim they love me and a husband who not only does yard work for me but vacuums and does the laundry on a regular basis, so he must love me...Not to mention all the friends that overlook my minor flaws and love me as well...With that said...Hugs and Love to all of you on my Birthday...OWAV:)





No comments:

Post a Comment