Friday, October 10, 2014

Letdown...37º

Always a letdown when a family visit comes to an end...Mostly I just want to sit and stare into space, thinking about how lucky we are to have "children" who want to come home, be a part of our lives, help in our many chores, before leaving to continue with their own lives...We do appreciate them!

Rusty did our selfie before leaving.

Yesterday I had too many things staring me in the face to sit so I got busy with some cleanup, then for the first time ever I roasted chilis under the broiler, let them steam in a plastic bag (got instructions from Bobi) then chunked them up to freeze for use this winter...Ground beef/deer was thawed in the fridge, so I made my usual meatloaf and fixed stuffed peppers for dinner...Since I had an afternoon of playing cards ahead of me I covered the meatloaf and peppers with plastic, wrote baking temp and time on the plastic and left it for Herb to cook, then he could eat his dinner when he got hungry and mine was waiting for me when I got home...It was yummy even warmed up.

Card playing was fun and I think I improve each time...Marsha patiently waited as I counted my own meld instead of me relying on her quick mental calculations...She can do it so fast, it makes my head spin!..I actually took the bid twice and was on the winning side with each of my three partners, as we moved around the table with each game.

I didn't get near enough done yesterday and have plans this evening to attend the FishTrap Fireside where members of the Write People will be reading...Must get moving...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment