Thursday, October 16, 2014

Rain Yesterday...33º

Yesterdays soaking rain put me in the mood to bake...Sourdough starter had been fed for three days and had now risen to the top of its container...By 8am all ingredients were measured into the Bosch mixer and then kneaded for ten minutes...The soft, elastic dough, set to rise in a warm spot...Since the mixer was now "dirty" with dough, why not mix a small batch of sweet dough for cinnamon rolls...While at Costco last week, I looked at their baked goods and the bite-sized cinnamon rolls caught my eye...Just right for an event at the Josephy Center and I should be able to recreate them, I thought...I knew it would be touch and go to have all this done and make it to play cards by 1pm...I was on a roll, the kitchen was warm and both kinds of dough were cooperating.

Making tiny cinnamon rolls is more difficult and time consuming than making big ones...The clock was ticking down and bread and cinnamon rolls were taking turns in the oven, while I stirred up the frosting...I knew Herb could finish the baking if need be and maybe even do the frosting...I took the last pan of rolls out of the oven at 12:30...Six loaves of bread and two pans of tiny rolls and one pan of large rolls were cooling on the racks....Whew!

I had a fun afternoon playing cards and arrived home just in time to go to Dr. Underhills retirement dinner...Herb had bagged the bread for the freezer, cinnamon rolls were all iced and only a few had been sampled, what a guy...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

The sample pan of mini's.

2 comments:

  1. you should make monkey bread, then pull apart and dip in frosting - call them cinna bites or monkey rolls/balls --- ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey balls would go over great with that crowd!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete