Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Daffodil Spring...37º

Since my friend Willy, gave me daffodil bulbs from her garden, over twenty years ago, I have planted more bulbs each fall...All in bloom this early spring, they have multiplied into over a thousand blooms...Well it seems like there should be that many anyway...New varieties appear each year and now I have paper whites (from my sisters Oklahoma garden,) Heritage daffodils dug from an old homestead out North, Pheasant eyes (late bloomers, not out yet,) some daffodils with fragrance, some that are double, but most of them are King Alfred, big, yellow and tall, (they make a statement and they multiply more and more each year.) Below is a bouquet of all the different colors and kinds that I picked yesterday morning, as I walked through deadheading blooms and snipping a sample of the unusual blooms...Daffodils make me smile....Hugs To All...OWAV:)






No comments:

Post a Comment