Thursday, April 9, 2015

Soup of the Day...35º

Hearty Soup

The weather was perfect for soup and the fridge was full of leftovers...Since I had a busy day ahead of me, I started the soup early...A quart of home made turkey broth was boiling on the front burner...Diced celery, onions and carrots were added to cook while I pulled leftovers from the fridge...Seasoned taco meat, stir fried veggies, roasted red pepper sauce and a couple of tablespoons of ham broth...This mixture, then put aside to cool until I returned home in time for our dinner...At that time I put the soup pot on to heat, cut up leftover ravioli, chopped kale and added it to the soup pot and brought it just to a boil...We ate it with gusto, adding oyster crackers, to each bite.

Yesterday we made a quick trip to LaGrande, where I had an eye appointment...Did some shopping and made a speedy trip home...Ate more soup for dinner but added a grilled pastrami/swiss cheese sandwich...Yes we stopped at Kaufmans store as we headed home...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment