Saturday, April 11, 2015

Only in a small community...40º

Since Pat has been gone for 5 months, we have been busy catching up the past two weeks...We have both rejoined the water therapy sessions, gone for mochas at Arrowhead and took part in Write People this week...So it was only natural that we scheduled Friday morning to go yard saling...Only one sale was advertised on Sunrise Road in Enterprise...We got an early start, anticipating what we might find...It was held in a riding arena and many people were leaving with treasures...Much of it was horse and outdoor related and we didn't find anything to our liking, as we browsed the tables.

My eye caught a rack of clothes and as I walked toward it, I saw familiar fabric, something from long ago...A simple blue/gray dress in silky fabric, hung among sweaters, mens shirts and other assorted clothing...I held the dress out and said, "Pat, Bobi made this dress when she was in high school."...I looked at it more closely on the inside checking seams etc. to make sure it had been handmade and that my mind wasn't playing tricks on me...The price was $5.00 and I suppose the new owners consider it vintage clothing...And that it is, from the late 70's, made in a home ec class, worn for a few years, before I packed it up and donated it to Soroptimist...I reached for my phone/camera, darn, I left it home...Thought about asking the young girl taking money if she knew anything about the dress, but didn't...We left it hanging and I will alway wonder if it sold and if so will I see it again at a future yard sale or maybe back at Soroptimists.

Back in Joseph we stopped at the "Local Loaf", Pat had tea, I decaf coffee and we split a berry pastry...We still have much catching up to do....Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment