Thursday, December 10, 2015

Baking Mood...36º

One sewing project finished, another one cut out and ready for the machine this morning...Sorry to keep you in suspense but this is the time of year for secrets.

Along with sewing, I have also been in the mood for baking...Last week it was bread and yesterday as I shredded the rest of the pork roast, I decided to make buns for pulled pork sandwiches...I went with the small batch of "sweet roll" dough...Usually I make cinnamon rolls, but yesterday I first took a small portion of dough, flattened, pulled and straighten it out into a rectangle...Then with the pizza cutter, cut it into small squares...Earlier I had cut small chunks of cheese, mixed them with Italian seasoning, pesto, garlic and now wrapped them in the small pieces of dough and sprinkled chunky salt on top, let them raise, before baking.

Seasoned Cheese Squares

(You will have to use your imagination now, sorry no more photos)..They along with the buns came out of the oven beautifully raised, browned and looking good enough to eat...Some of the cheese had escaped from the little balls of dough, but dipped in a marinara sauce they were all tasty...I had called Becky to stop after work and take what was left of the pulled pork for their dinner and also gave them the rest of the "cheese bombs," as Herb and I didn't need to be snacking on them...In about 15 minutes she called back to say that with John's help the cheese bombs were all gone and they were delicious...Don't know if they ate dinner or not...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment