Thursday, December 24, 2015

Cinnamon Rolls...26º

The last water therapy before Christmas with a small group in attendence, was fun and relaxing...After a soak in the hottub I left the pool, temperature was a balmy 40º and a light rain fell on the way home...I made a quick stop at Safeway, thinking oysters for our Christmas eve stew...Seems that a small prime rib jumped into my cart that I had no intention of buying but I know it will taste wonderful after smoking and grilling on the Treager..

While in Safeway, a friendly face peered out at me from under a cap, blond hair pulled back in a pony tail...Two young children vieing for her attention, while she too was at the prime rib counter...It took my brain awhile to process as the mental photo's ran through my head of some 20 years ago...I met up with her again at the checkout counter and ask, "Are you Kjer?" "Yes, I am,"she said, as she introduced me to her children as "The Lunch Lady, who made wonderful food for us at Joseph school." I worked with Kjer's Dad, Nils, at the school for many years, fed her and her siblings, Bob and Kim all those years as well...Nils, a swell guy who loved his sweets was a regular visitor to the kitchen for lunch....But on cinnamon roll days he made more trips to the kitchen and swore us to secrecy as wife Sheila was always watching his diet...We had many good laughs and Nils many good cinnamon rolls over the years!..So today I send hugs to the Ames family, enjoy your Christmas with family and so good to see you Kjer and relive the memories....Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Still making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment