Sunday, December 6, 2015

Noodle Dough...40º/Breezy/Gusty

An itch to play in the dough yesterday, I quickly mixed egg and flour, added a bit of cream to make a soft dough, easy to roll...Put the ball of dough in a baggie and went on with other chores...I had switched menus from soup (two days in a row) to tuna noodle casserole, using up the last of the baked tuna...As I rolled out the dough, getting it thinner than usual, my mind moved to ravioli, hmmm- 'That might be fun to try.'..Looking in the fridge I pulled out cheese, salami and spinach, cut tiny pieces, made little bundles, and using one sheet of dough, I place the bundles on half of it...Sprayed the entire thing with water, folded the other half over top, cut around the bundles with the pizza cutter, pressed edges together and into the boiling water I placed the ravioli...Nine ravioli in all...With roasted tomatoes from the freezer, I added pesto, italian seasoning, heated and added a little cream...A nice little appetizer...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Ravioli covered in sauce, sprinkled with cheese.

The tuna casserole was much better than
it looks here but not wanting
it two days in a row, we 
shared it with B & J....

No comments:

Post a Comment