Monday, August 20, 2018

Afternoon on the Deck...57º

Friends from our Forest Service days, joined us for the afternoon...Gary and Herb both worked there, Faye and Pam worked together at Enterprise school and we got better acquainted when we all volunteered for Air Life (air/ground ambulance service) for several years...Now they are snowbirds and we try to get together when they are here for the summer.

Yesterday we ordered takeout pizza, I fixed salad and dessert and except for a run in with the yellow jackets, we spent a lovely afternoon, catching up/reminiscing about the "good ole days," when we were young, and the "joys of RVing," in our retirement years...Notice I didn't add "Doctors appointments and hospital visits" to that.

Someday I will learn to take photos of food when I get it prepared, because with the hubbub of people arriving, I forget the camera and just enjoy the company, while making sure that everyone is comfortable and has food and drink...So this morning, I find myself with no photos to go with this blog...Looking back to other years for a "stock" photo, none of the huckleberry cheesecake appeared...Following photo is what is left of a lovely cheesecake, my easiest no bake dessert, that is sure to please...Hugs To All...OWAV:)




No comments:

Post a Comment