Thursday, August 2, 2018

Summer Squash...50º

Summer squash, snap peas and raspberries are ripe for the picking in our garden this week, also lettuce, onions and beets...On the other hand, pole beans are struggling for some reason...We are keeping things well watered in this heat.

Yesterday I started amending the plot where the garlic had been...Herb hauled a wheelbarrow load of manure, which I spread, along with old leaves and alfalfa pellets, covered all with a layer of straw before giving it a good soaking...I will keep adding layers into the fall and next spring it will be ready to plant.

Rusty is coming home for a few days, I have the "honey-do" list waiting...Actually the "Back Country Bash" is scheduled for this Friday night at the rodeo grounds in Joseph...The band "Reckless Kelly" will be playing...Rusty has known them since they started out in Bend in the late 80's as the "Prairie Mutts."

Rusty's only request from me for the weekend is a batch of rolls, guess he thinks I need more practice...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Patty Pan Squash.

Look like smiley faces to me.

Row of Sweet Peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment