Sunday, August 12, 2018

Relief...46º

A few weeks ago, I was wishing for warmer nighttime temperatures, so the garden would start producing...This morning I'm grateful for the low 46º overnight, our house is totally cooled off and we slept with the quilt over us...Now we can keep the house cool, as the temperatures start upward again...I don't think it will reach the 100º mark this week...My wish came true as the patty pans are flourishing, (I started leaving them on doorsteps yesterday) zucchinis are also...A cucumber a day helps to fill our dinner plate, along with carrots, peas and an occasional purple tomato.

Yesterday I made stuffed patty pans for dinner...Leftover tri tip mixed with roasted tomatoes and asiago cheese, baked just enough to heat them through...Made enough to share with Becky and Pam as we had a short visit on our deck...Wonder what I will fix for dinner today...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

PS: A recipe caught my eye yesterday...A spiral "cheesy" bread loaf with pepper flakes scattered throughout, might give it a try...😊

Stuffed patty pan, onion, cuke from our garden,
cantalope and corn form the produce truck.



No comments:

Post a Comment