Friday, August 24, 2018

Conundrum...45º

Several months ago, after reading on FB that "Food Alliance" was looking for volunteers to help in the distribution of surplus/about to be outdated food, I called the number, mostly out of curiosity...I found out that the program was just starting up in Enterprise, it was open to everyone, no income guidelines, just show up, stand in line and choose a limited number of items from what was available on that day...They didn't need more volunteers but planned to open a site in Joseph, at a later date and more volunteers might be needed then.

Curiosity satisfied I went about my business until a few weeks later, I saw on FB that the Joseph site was to be opened at The Place in Joseph...Now I have to be honest here, was I attracted to this, because I wanted to volunteer or did I want something free?...A little of both I'm sure...Who doesn't like a "freebie."...So again I called the number...I showed up at "The Place," two volunteers were already there and they didn't really need any help, but I asked if I could stay and see how this process worked...Bread items, salads, veggies, and meat(frozen on its sell date) were displayed, for the taking...A few people showed up and more signs were put up around town to spread the word...I went again for 3 more times and always came home with one item...After the 3rd time, I left, saying, "If you need help, give me a call."...To be continued...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

A package of wieners, I brought home, put in
the freezer and yesterday I was 
in the baking mood again...I 
shared them with friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment