Monday, August 27, 2018

More Baking...46º/ Raining

Herb was on his last loaf of sourdough bread from the freezer...I had been feeding my starter for the past 4 days, so yesterday was a perfect day for bread making/baking...The outside temperature was cool, our house was chilly...I had time to play around with some of the dough, so mid afternoon I cut off 1 1/2 pounds of the soft, stretchy dough and with the rolling pin made a long oval...Spread it with a mixure of garlic, butter, roasted tomatoes, then liberally sprinkled it with crumbled sharp cheddar and diced pepperoni and a smattering of fresh chopped basil...Rolled it up and cut it into 1 inch pieces...Aha, pizza rolls.

I made breakfast rolls last week, but they were lacking in flavor, my hope yesterday was to improve on that...They looked good, but the jury is still out on flavor, maybe they will improve with age...They looked good enough to eat!..And the bread turned out wonderful and smelled delicious...We shared a loaf with friend Cass and her family...More cooking is on the agenda today, it is cool and rainy, perfect for beef/vegetable soup...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

A few of the pizza rolls,
ready for the oven.

Our first rustic apple pie of the season.


Fresh carrots ready to slice and cook.

1 comment:

  1. I was expecting a continuation of "Conundrum", but pizza rolls and pie are good too. oxox

    ReplyDelete