Thursday, June 30, 2011

Diane's Visit...06/30/11...52°

My niece Diane and I share many of the same likes and dislikes...While she popped in and out of our house over the past three days, we talked nonstop about gardens, food, sewing and families and friends...She had attended a school reunion in McCall, Idaho, so filled me in on the many people she visited with, that we both knew, while living in McCall, many years ago...I babysat her and her sisters when I was a teenager, so have a strong bond especially with the three older girls.

She the third girl in my brothers family of six girls, is an upbeat, fun loving person...a teacher of elementary, jr high, and some high school classes in Burns, Oregon, for the past 30 years...she exudes enthusiasm at every turn...I would have loved to have a teacher like her in my school days.

As a little girl she resembled me, but as she grows older, I see her mannerisms and build more like her mother.  Although the personality is totally different.  We had a great visit with her, know she will return, but her visits are too few and far between...Diane, we love you and thanks for coming to visit the "older folks".

Last nights meeting at Pat's, for Mule Days...It went well with new ideas passed around... Pat brings her knowledge on marketing and non profits and is a great addition to the "team"... We had a lovely dinner and wine, visited with Pat and Brian, toured their remodeled "cabin" then got down to the business at hand...Home about 10pm and crashed...~OWAV:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment