Wednesday, June 1, 2011

OWAV:)...06/01/11...40°...5am...sunny/cloudy


1st day of June, sun peaking in the west window...clouds over the mountains...There is hope that June will not be as rainy or cold as April and May have been.

I'm on my way to Walla Walla this morning with friend Pat...we are going to visit nurseries so she can plant her new garden spot at the lake...with plants that the deer won't eat...if that is possible...we will have lunch with a friend of mine...stop by to pick up the asparagus I have ordered for both of us...then make our way home enjoying the same breath taking scenery that we viewed on the way over...we will talk non-stop, share laughter and conversation...should be a good day.

Yesterday, went to write group and shared writing...left early and home to more mushrooms to clean...Herb had been hunting, while I was gone...LeaAnn wondered if anyone had a few to spare so will take her a taste of these spring delicacies...They seem to be plentiful this year...Herb has some drying and I have sauteed and frozen some...

Worked outside yesterday pulling the dreaded weed called "Hounds Tongue"...it has invaded my flowerbeds for three years now and I think it came from the old mill chips that we have hauled in...some people love that mulch, but I don't think it is worth all the weeds that it brings...

Talked to Rusty on ichat early morning, he will be in Joseph by this weekend, do honey-dos and maybe go to the river with John.

Worked on Scrabble last night while talking to Bob...we ended up laughing and bantering, like we do...so good to have her to talk to everyday, maybe several times a day, as if she lived next door...Love to both my kids...OWAV:)

7:30pm...PS...First the internet was down, then this wouldn't post and I had to be ready to leave for Walla Walla at 8am...Had a great trip to WW with Pat...talked non stop all the way over and back...warm weather, sunshine and green everywhere...

1 comment:

  1. No place to say I read it, but I did. bob

    ReplyDelete