Monday, June 6, 2011

OWAV:)...06/06/11...6:30am...50°...Cloudy

I slept late this morning and am having a hard time "gettin goin"...No scrabble game waiting for me so just drinking coffee and thinking about what I need to do today...Rusty has been up since 4:30 when he got a phone call from the east coast, saying that the company tool container had been broken into...He had packed and sealed the container when he left Maryland...After several phone calls, it sounds like everything was still sealed and nothing seems to be missing...He was really worried that he would have to fly back and inventory everything and miss his trip into Jim Creek...That is his real vacation away from the working world.

Yesterday was a beautiful sun filled day...Herb and Rusty were up early unloading wood from the day before and I planting potatoes and cabbage starts...Debbie and Tim brought a bummer calf to put in our little pasture instead of the usual rams and llama...The calf lasted about 2 hours before jumping the fence looking for companionship...The minute I heard my neighbor yelling Herb, Idella...I knew the calf was out and headed for her flowerbeds... Rusty gets a rope on the calf, she is broke to lead and back into the pasture...I call Debbie... Rusty "baby sits" the calf until two rams arrive to take its place.

 I have sauerkraut and sausages simmering in the oven for dinner...We spend a few minutes on the deck before the clouds roll in, looking like rain..eat dinner, then I try to help Rusty kill the last of his pigs (on the computer game "Angry Birds")...We chat with Bobi and Cienna, catching up on life in Portland...It got hot overnight there and humid.

I smell morels cooking for breakfast and Herb announces that the eggs are in the pan...Are we spoiled or what?..OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment