Tuesday, June 7, 2011

OWAV:)...06/07/11...5am...49°...RAIN...

Greeting at the back door.
I'm so tempted to tell the rain to go away, but the last time I did that it turned to snow... Maybe I should just say, please don't snow...Sure am glad that our house is above the river.. More rain in the forecast for tomorrow.

After our breakfast yesterday (last of the morels☹) I said, "Why don't we go get Llama Poop?"..My guys were willing so with shovels and rakes loaded in the trailer, we headed to Debbie's and Tim's for our annual load of my secret ingredient for the garden...Since Rusty is with us he takes over Herbs job of running the John Deere loader and Herb and I shovel and rake...Of course they both disagree with that and said I held up the shovel and talked to Debbie, while they did all the work...Llamas are tidy animals and have designated toilet spots...Debbie points out several large piles and Rusty follows with the loader...An hour later, the trailer is full and a light sprinkle of rain has started, before we arrived home it was pouring down in buckets full...Herb backed the trailer load of manure under the carport, where it still sits this morning waiting for a dry spell to get it unloaded... We started getting llama manure about eight years ago, first shoveling it by hand into the trailer...We didn't get near as big a load in those days...


Apple tree, 40 years old.
We had leftovers for dinner and the rain let up in the afternoon, so I planted more of the annuals in pots for the deck and front porch...went out to see the baby mule...he now has little braces on his front legs so the tendons will stretch and it will be easier for him to walk...He didn't cooperate when I tried getting photos, just kept hiding behind his mom... came home, took some photos of the yard and called it a day...The rain has made it so lush!

Must go I have a date with the dentist at 8am for a crown prep...Oh Joy...OWAV:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment