Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another Party...07/03/11...55°...7am...Sunny/Breezy

Slept late this morning after yet another party...After a day in Milton-Freewater watching Rachel's softball game with the Wallowa County all star team, Pam's Family called to invite us to a BBQ at Becky and Johns...we were not sure if we could survive two parties back to back but took the chance...Had a good time, home fairly early.

Meadow Rue
I spent all day yesterday outside, first in the gardens, deadheading, pulling or digging weeds, moving water and spraying the smelly deer stuff...Then on to take photo's of the newest blooms...I think the garden totally changes within a three week period... Daffodil blooms are gone with only the remaining leaves standing tall...Many people can't wait to cut all of this remaining foliage, but it is best to leave it in place as it nourishes the bulbs below ground and they will bloom more profusely next spring...In gardens like mine the foliage is as much a part of the garden as the blooms...forget me knots are fading...soon I will pull these plants and throw then over the bank, they are taking over large parts of the garden and need to be contained...I like the ever changing garden...So different from years ago when I thought I could plant perennials and never have to worry about them again...

Iris
Wrong!..A garden is always changing always evolving...I keep looking at the bare corner, where starts that I planted last fall didn't come up...I picture an iris bed there in the future. :)

Afternoon was spent on the deck reading, playing with photo's on the computer, but mostly just relaxing... Enjoying the warm air and the pair of house wrens and their antics as they squawk, sing and flit from branch to branch...Time to move...Hugs to my kids, have a safe flight Rusty and Bobi I hope the T-shirt is working... ~OWAV:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment