Friday, July 15, 2011

Sun and Thunder Showers...07/15/11...6am...45°

Looks like sunny mornings with possible thunder showers every afternoon for the next week...At least the temperatures are in the mid to upper 70's...Chief Joseph Days is right around the corner and so far our summer has been cool...Please we need some WARM!..

Totally missed doing my blog yesterday, up late and busy making bread...Had promised to make Herb fruit bread like we sold at the Farmers Market, maybe get back in the habit of making it on a regular basis...Much better for us than the store stuff...

"We 3" had our planned meeting with a lovely luncheon at Pat's, shrimp salad, warm bread and wine...We discussed Katey's comments on all three manuscripts, then headed to the "Fishtrap" readings, featuring people from the "Billy Meadows" outpost...Nature writing at its best...I feel totally out of my element (fish out of water) when I hear the kind of writing other people come up with and try to put myself in that setting...It was a very good afternoon.

Check out the bee gathering pollen
Home late afternoon where I did scrabble, chatted with Cienna...Then changed water, wandered the gardens, trying to implant the images of the poppies and peonies in my mind as they are on their last days of bloom...Now blooming is the last perennial poppy of the season, isn't it a beauty?..I've been looking and they have some new ones I just might have to invest in...I get so much joy for so little money...finally got out the stinky deer spray and used it on the emerging daylily buds as I found evidence of buds already nipped off...We have a doe and her two "adorable" fawns grazing their way through on a regular basis...I wish they would go to the mountains!!!

Orange Picotee Poppy
Rusty caught us on chat and has plans to come this way on Saturday, spend a few days, maybe go to Jim Creek with John, then back to Bend and to another job in New Jersey the first part of August...

Herb is out splitting wood this morning and plans to mow lawns today...He will help Mona and Bill (neighbors to the north) mow her lawn as Bill is having gall bladder surgery this morning and won't be riding the mower for awhile...I must get moving, yard sales tomorrow, Rusty coming, deadheading to do, water to move...That's life on Barton Heights...OWAV:)

2 comments:

  1. Up drinking coffee with the girls and reading your blog...love it thanks for sharing...we are here for the weekend and expecting to have a great time...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have a wider audience...don't know what prompted me to write a blog, but sure am having fun and if I can do it anyone can...If they have the time...You girls have a great time this special week...Hugs back!..My "girls" enjoyed their visit to your shop..

    ReplyDelete