Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Writers Mix...07/06/11...6am...58°...Sunshine

Incredible Blooms
Outside early yesterday to pull more forget me knots...It is satisfying work because now my beds are looking "clean" again, waiting for new blooms...Sometimes new starts are under all that growth just waiting to see the light of day.

Writers group, very interesting yesterday,with Lynn and Chris from Tucson surprising us with their presence...They are in Wallowa County attending to the details of a memorial for Lynn's husband and Chris's father, who passed away recently, after a long battle with lung cancer...They have been members of our group for many years, now part time members... Also Cathy brought her sister-in-law, a children's author from Pittsburg...She had very interesting feed back on each piece as we read aloud...Wish I had just a sliver of her insight.

I worked a bit on my manuscript, rewriting following Katey's suggestions, but really need to just let it rest for a couple of days and think about it...Will work more today...

Another shot
As it cooled off last night, I moved the soaker hoses, one last time and then with camera in hand took Bobi's advice and snapped pictures in the fading light...Some of them turned out okay...So nice with the digital, only keeping what I think are the best without spending money to develop all of them.

On with my day, the forget me knots and sunshine are calling...Hugs to all~OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment