Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday...07/25/11...5am...60°...Sunny/Clouds

Quiet house yesterday, Rusty left about 7am, not feeling well and arrived in Bend feeling worse...stomach cramps, fever, chills...We're thinking he might have Giardia, a parasitic infection that he could have picked up in Germany or China?..doubtful that he will leave for New Jersey tomorrow.

Herb and I watered yesterday, doesn't take long for everything to dry out when our weather warms up for a few days...Got so warm (we are not complaining) late afternoon that we came inside to enjoy our cool house...We had leftovers for dinner, followed with a grape soda float for me and ice cream sundae for Herb...I returned to the deck but was chased in by mosquitoes just before dark...read and computered the evening away..

Today I serve at the Senior Center meal site in Enterprise, one of our service projects for sorority...I will eat there and bring lunch home for Herb...must get meat out of the freezer to thaw for the rest of the week...I have a writing assignment due in a few days, so know how I will spend my time for the next few days.

Had a call yesterday from my sister Bobbie, who lives in Oklahoma...Her husband, Jim, had a heart attack on July 12th, spent a week in Oklahoma City 100 miles from their home having blockages removed and stents put in place...They are now back home, thanks to the help of wonderful neighbors and friends...Jim is doing well, recuperating in their air conditioned home as the heat wave forges on...Both Bobbie and Jim are in their 80's.

Chatted with Bobi briefly, we still don't want to stay connected...she and Cienna were cooking up a storm, making bread, ginger ale, mayonnaise and coleslaw, also caramelizing onions that they got free at the farmers market.

Just received the following email from Rusty:  I'm feeling okay, I told Balen i was not going to Jersey, and he didn't blame me...now i have to cancel the ticket, hopefully get a refund??? slept really well, I'll try to see the doctor today...Hope UJ gets better.......Rusty

The happenings on Barton Heights in a nutshell...~OWAV:)))

1 comment: