Saturday, July 16, 2011

Yard Sales...07/16/11...5am...54°...Cloudy, Showers

Lilies
Woke up this morning to the smell of a pork roast cooking...Last night about 8pm I chopped onion and garlic scapes, layered then in my dutch oven, placed a salt and peppered pork shoulder roast on top, covered tightly, slid into a 200° oven...This morning I have a fully cooked, tender, juicy pork roast, cooling just enough, so I can remove the fat and gristle for pulled pork enchiladas...Will put my frozen sauce in the oven this morning before I leave to go yard saling, then put it all together for an enchilada dinner this afternoon...Have also found that I can put about 4 cups of dry beans (rinsed) in the dutch oven, place a meaty ham bone in the center, add diced onion and celery, a couple of bouillon cubes, cover with water almost to the top of the pan, cover tightly...Put all of this in a 200° oven, leave for most of the day and when I get home it is the most delicious, tender, wonderful bean soup ever!...No soaking, no stirring the pot, just eat and enjoy!...

I spent yesterday, transplanting, watering, pulling weeds and looking at the mountains... What a life.

Herb has been out splitting wood again and is now throwing it into the basement wood shed for use this winter...Such a feeling of security!...I must get moving, have to meet my yard sale friends at 8am...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment