Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bloomin' Barrel...07/12/11...6am...50°...Sunny

Morning!  Think I will go outside and work this morning while it is cool and do my blog later.
Bloomin' Barrel
4pm...Worked cutting down lupines (the wind had mashed them over so just cut them off at ground level)...also pulling whatever else got in my way...Had killed some things out with roundup so got rid of them then covered all the bare spots with chips...That cleans the beds up and keeps the regrowth down...Dead heading columbine, and irises as I go...The peonies are very pretty right now and will try to get some photo's of them tonight...It has been a hot and cold day, every time I go work in a flowerbed the sun comes out and I work up a sweat, then I sit on the deck to rest and the sun goes behind clouds and I freeze... Keeps me getting up and down anyway.

Had leftovers for dinner, oven fried chicken, warmed in a fry pan until it was crispy...Herb said it was better than on the first day that we had it, which is really a switch for him...He didn't use to like leftovers...Served it along with lettuce from our garden and mashed potatoes for him...Back outside now, sitting on the deck, finished watering flowers... Breeze is starting to pick up with more clouds moving in...

Talked to Rusty yesterday from Dulles Airport in DC and this morning in Portland at a motel...Had thunder storms in DC so delayed his flight, which made him late for his flight to Redmond...He had to hang out in Portland area until his flight at 11am...Called about 3pm today, very glad to be home in Bend.

13th Birthday on the Oregon Coast.
Today is Cienna's 13th birthday and she and her parents took a trip to Seaside and other spots on the coast...Bobi took bags, and Cienna took cozy's to leave and hopefully sell in a shop there "House of the Potter"...Wish them luck...They were going to the cheese factory and out for a special birthday dinner for Ci...Just got this photo from them and think it is perfect for a 13th birthday... Cienna we love you lots and lots and are so glad you came along to bring excitement into our life...Love to you on this special day, remember you are not allowed to turn into a "Brat"...OWAV:)))

1 comment:

  1. Weather is the same here...I cut garlic scapes today and picked a big bowl of peas...every time I go out the mosquitoes try to pack me off...they cut hay a couple of days ago so should cut the mosquitoes too...I have painted daisy, delphiniums, columbine, and those tall red flowers blooming right now...

    ReplyDelete