Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Manuscript edited...07/05/11...5am...55°...Sunny

Up early this morning, taking in my view as I catch up on the scrabble games and drink coffee...As I hit send on the last scrabble game an email arrives...Katey has returned my manuscript, with sentences underlined and comments on the side about how I can improve and tell my story better...Also she has included a letter explaining in more detail what she wants me to do to help the story move better....It looks mind boggling, so I have to remember, small steps, a little at a time...She does encourage me with the statement that my writing is better than some memoirs, she has read, but I should be able to take it up a level... I definitely have my work cut out for me.

Poppies
Herb and I spent a quiet 4th...I worked in the garden pulling forget me knots, weeding as I go, transplanting here and there, moving water...Becky came for a garden tour to see the many flowers that are now blooming...Herb did laundry and moved water...Later in the day we cleaned up a bit and drove to the lake for a visit with Pat and Brian at their newly remodeled cabin...It is situated above the Wallowa Lake highway looking north toward the lake...Their view is nice but a little limited because of the many trees... They are working on the landscape, planting low maintenance grasses, lily of the valley, sedum's, creeping thymes, and bleeding heart...They have removed many trees, added windows, and a new addition to the cabin so it is now spacious and filled with light...Spent a couple of hours sitting on their deck, with a drink in hand, visiting and enjoying the warm summer day in Wallowa County.

Started toward home and I said, "Want to stop for a burger?"  Herb took this to mean that I really didn't want to cook when we got home (he was right) so he pulled into Glacier Grill, where we split a ruben sandwich and an order of onion rings...Back home we sat on the deck, where he read and I played on the computer...Chatted with Rusty in Austria and Bobi in Portland...Went to bed with fireworks booming in the distance.

I will work in the garden and go to write group today...~OWAV:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment