Monday, July 4, 2011

Garden Again...07/04/11...6am...55°...Sunshine

Remember when I wrote about how beautiful the forget-me-knots were under the apple tree..."The undulating waves, as the sea of blue moves with the breeze, topped by the white of the apple tree in full bloom."...Sorry I just made that up!..Yesterday I was on hands and knees, pulling all of those not so beautiful faded forget-me-knots as they have now gone to seed...I worked most of the morning in the shade of the apple tree and will be back out this morning in other shady spots pulling more...as I pull them, they drop seeds that will bloom another year...I really do like them.

Iris

I spent time last evening taking more photo's...The garden is blooming like never before... with the rainy, cold spring, everything was late...so I still have lilacs and early peonies blooming, added to that are columbine, poppies, iris, common day lilies, centaurea, meadow rue and Hermann's Pride lamium...The liquid deer fence is still doing its job...We only hope it continues.

Columbine
John and Dylan (John was baby sitting, Pam's grandson) came for dinner last night, as the rest of their family spent a sweltering day in Milton/Freewater watching Rachel's second ball game...(won this one) Dylan, almost eight is an entertaining little guy, he kept busy throwing the ball for Tate and playing in the irrigation ditch, catching water skippers...He cleaned up his plate and could hardly wait for the dessert of ice cream and strawberries...

Chatted with Bobi yesterday and thinking about Rusty, somewhere in Austria...Daylight is burning and the shade is waning, so will close for another day...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment