Thursday, October 3, 2013

Breezy/Cloudy..36º

Morning was nonstop for me yesterday...I had another invitation to fill in at pinochle and since I have played several times at their homes, eating their delicious desserts I decided maybe I should contribute something besides my amateur card playing...Sharon had volunteered to host so I asked Diane when she called, "Would she mind if I brought dessert?"...With lots of lemon juice in the freezer, I pulled out Janie's "lemon Pudding Cake" recipe...I knew that Herb would like to have this for dessert so I 4Xed the recipe...This is simpler than lemon pie but it dirties many bowls and takes awhile to put it all together...With it mixed and in the oven my mind turned to, what shall we have for dinner?..My old standby of meatloaf, easy to do, could be mixed ahead of time and Herb could cook it before I arrived home from my afternoon pinochle games...By noon the dessert was cooling, meatloaf mixed, cooking instructions written down for Herb, I had time to catch up on scrabble before Diane picked me up at 12:50pm.

Sorry I didn't get a photo of a slice with whipped cream!

Afternoon with these ladies is quite an experience as they talk about everything under the sun, all the while playing cards, counting meld and keeping score...My head is soon spinning, my mind a muddle; what is trump again, who led that ace?... And Oh No, I should have put a counter on that!..Thank goodness they loved my dessert, maybe they will invite me again.

Whew, home to relax...Herb had the meatloaf cooked, mashed potatoes warming and a glass of wine waiting for me...I sliced tomatoes and soon we finished our meal with Lemon Pudding Cake for dessert...I think I'm one lucky lady!..Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment