Friday, October 11, 2013

Clean Up...35º

After working all morning and into the afternoon, Herb said, "As slow as we are getting, next year we will have to start fall clean up in August instead of September." He is right as October is flying by and our energy is on the wane.

I must put this in perspective though as last year I was recuperating from knee surgery and basically did nothing to help...Herb and Rusty did all of it....So this year I want more done, killing stuff out that is overgrown, moving plants to different places and spreading the chips...That has been a big job in itself, we only hope the payoff is what I envision, and that means less work next year...We will continue at our snails pace and maybe the weather will cooperate and all of the gardens will be put to bed by Oct 31st...Why do we do this you might ask?..The continual blooming of flowers from April through September and the produce we raise make it all worthwhile, which reminds me I have beets to pickle this morning...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...A couple of photos from Pam's...The jaw bone of a cow that she found while hiking the rimrocks above the River House...I think Cienna will enjoy looking at these...(Remember, click to enlarge.)


Bleached and Weathered

Close up of the grass growing through the teeth...
"More attention to flossing maybe" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment