Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Potato Harvest, Garlic Planted...36º

Early morning found me in the dentist chair, Kathy and I visit before she starts, then she talks while she digs, prods, scrapes, suctions and rinses...I found myself hanging on to the arms of the chair similar to my first ride in a small plane...Photos as promised.

Starting into the canyon out of Wallowa

Cricket Flat and beyond to the Grand Rhonde Valley

Wow look at those Mountain Ridges

Chief Joseph Mt up close

West shoreline of Wallowa Lake

While I was in the dentist chair, Herb was busy with the potato harvest and readying (is that a word?) the garlic to be planted...The soil was rich, loamy and damp, just waiting...He using Mom's old V-shaped hoe to make the 4" deep trenches as I placed the largest garlic cloves giving them a push into the soft soil, before he covered than with dirt and mulched them with straw...Ten rows, about 200 plants will push their way through the ground next spring as soon as the snow melts...He finished up while I changed clothes one more time and arrived on time for my Docenting stint at the Josephy Center...Today will be spent at the Imnaha River House of fellow writer Pam where our Write People will gather for todays meeting...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment