Thursday, November 19, 2015

Baking 101...26º

It was a perfect day for baking...Three loaves of zucchini bread (recipe from Janice,) four double loaves of sourdough bread and enough meatloaf for several meals.

A week or so ago, when I pulled the sourdough starter from the fridge, added flour and warm water, It didn't take off...Just sat there, no matter what I did...So I saved potato water added flour and a few grains of yeast and in three days I had a new sourdough starter bubbling away...It took about a week to get the good sour flavor and yesterday I added a good portion of it to a batch of bread, for good measure, I added yeast to make sure it would raise, (is that cheating?) I suppose it is, but it worked...Herb and I sampled it before dinner, had it with our dinner and I had a small meatloaf sandwich last night...It has a thick, crunchy crust and tasted oh so good!

Snow is falling this morning, haven't looked at the forecast, will just wait and see what the day brings...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment