Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Stories and more...32º

Instead of writing my blog yesterday, I dug into my "word files," on the computer...After a two year break I was ready to resume editing, rewriting and sorting all the essays I've written about my family and my life in Lake Fork, Idaho...For three years I wrote 15 pages a month and sent them to Katey for her critique, she sent them back, I made changes and filed them away...(sometimes I sent them to Katey more than once.)..So now in my "word" files I have Della's essays, Sent to Katey, Katey's replies, to name just a few....There are multiples of everything and no easy way to tell without opening the documents and trying to compare to see if it is the final one or the first draft or somewhere in between...Damn, I started out writing a few simple stories for my kids, so they could see what life was like in the 1950's and now I have a quagmire to sort myself out of...Yesterday it felt like I was slowly sinking in quicksand, trying to keep my head from going under...Taking deep breaths was not recommended.

Yesterday I did manage to find what I think is the latest draft of "Dumpster Diving Mama." I printed the 17 page document so I had a hard copy to read at write group, make corrections, before I move on to another story...This morning my head seems cleared, and later today I will look for the final draft of "Whistlin Joe."...Deep breaths and one step at a time.

Yesterday was busy Tuesday; write group, water therapy and home to make tomato soup and pizza for our dinner...Herb put the snow plow on the 4 wheeler, cleared our driveway and the neighbors of hard crusted snow from Mondays storm...As I drove to Enterprise the snow ended at Egglesons Corner, sun shining, it seemed almost balmy when I left the swimming pool...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...Thanks for the check marks, up to 11 yesterday...:)


No comments:

Post a Comment