Sunday, November 8, 2015

Day Out...34º

Early morning went quickly as I mopped floors and cleaned the bathroom...Spending extra time cleaning water spots off the glass tile that surrounds our shower...Our three year old shower is a piece of cake to keep clean compared to the old tub/shower that we installed in 1982...The tub/shower was a step up from the original bathtub that came with the house, but was difficult to get in and out of, as our knees/bodies grew older and it was a beast to keep clean for over 20 years...I won't go so far as to say I "love" cleaning the bathroom now, but certainly tackle the job with less dread than before...Plus I was looking forward to a fun afternoon, and that always makes cleaning easier.

Herb made oatmeal for our breakfast and said he would "dine" on sausages/wieners for his dinner, I fixed a tuna salad for my dinner, eating early, so I would be ready to pick Janice up for our trip to the Elgin Opera House and the matinee performance of "Annie."..After a lovely drive we arrived in Elgin, greeted with a cold wind blowing and hurriedly made our way through the crowd to the will call window...As always the production was wonderful, played to a full house and the time flew by...I wasn't looking forward to driving home in the dark, but the roads were bare and dry, traffic light and with Janice for company, we had no problems.

6pm and we were both hungry...I sliced a few veggies, quickly browned sirloin tip steaks, and Herb and I sat down to a mini meal, before we relaxed/unwound before bedtime...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment