Friday, November 6, 2015

First Snow...33º

A skift (first I typed skiff, looked it up and found it to be a small boat, then changed to skift and came up with a blog post written about the two words, I found it interesting)...of snow covers the ground this morning...November is late for our first snow fall and this is hardly measurable, hence a "skift." My spellcheck wants to change skift to skirt or shift.

November 1st was the official day to have studded snow tires mounted on our subaru...Since we were making a trip to Lewiston this week and I am making a trip to Elgin this Saturday, Herb went early morning to Schwabs with the studded snow tires that I purchased this summer off of "free classifieds" on FaceBook...(Thinking I got a good deal) The trip to Lewiston was uneventful, the tires all held air, BUT the tires definitely had more wear than advertised by the seller, plus they were extremely noisy, rough riding and the car just didn't handle as usual...What to do?..Herb has always made sure that I have "better than good" rubber on the car, so it was decided to, "cut our losses" figure that the wheels/rims that came with the not very good tires were worth the money and yesterday, while I was at water therapy, Herb was back at Schwabs buying new non-studded (snowflake) winter tires...The six mile ride home was quiet and smooth...Time will tell but I feel safer already...Hugs To All... OWAV:)

PS...P & B spent the night in Boise, Idaho, after a blow out on the boat trailer slowed them down, still not bad for the first day...Send positive thoughts their way.


No comments:

Post a Comment