Sunday, November 15, 2015

Estate Sale/Bernina...45º/Breezy

This ad in last weeks newspaper caught my eye...Not often that you see a Bernina sewing machine for sale and since it was an estate sale my thinking is that it might be really old, like 40 yrs old...Of course in a small town you take the chance that someone will call before the sale and get "the deal." Pam was game to go with me and we were there just before 8am with only a few people ahead of us...I enquired about the Bernina and of course it had been sold before the sale (all kinds of reasons why) and I was immediately "cranky," but we continued to wander through the house, each picking up a couple of items...When I paid I asked, "how old was the sewing machine?" Answer, "Oh it was at least 10 years old, but had hardly been used." I was relieved, I didn't want a 10 year old computerized sewing machine, but hope whoever bought it is happy with their purchase...I am still of the opinion that if you advertise an item to be sold at a yardsale, it shoud be at the yardsale...Just one of my little pet peeves.

Pam and I had a good visit before I came home to make noodles for our dinner of chicken and noodles...Later in the day Becky called to say she had been grocery shopping and had two big turkeys, did we have room in the freezer for one?..So over a glass of wine, we visited with her, hearing all about the coast trip and her busy life at the court house....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...Had an early morning text from Pat, she and Brian were on their way to early Mass and a breakfast of scrapple and eggs, two of the things they like better, found in the East...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment