Thursday, November 5, 2015

Costco/Winco...28º

Winco ends with "co" because the original States of this business were Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado and Oregon and that is why it was named Winco (at least that is what my son told me.) I don't know where Costco got its "co" from but I think they should change the name from Costco to Costalot...The Clarkston Costco started business several years ago and we have made the almost 200 mile round trips there 2 or 3 times a year since its beginning...I immediatly named it the $100.00 an hour store and it has steadily increased to the $300.00 an hour store...We can only get so much in our car, and it is loaded on each return trip home...So are we buying more expensive items, have the prices increased that much or is Herb becoming a better packer?.. I keep asking myself is it worth the trip?..I like to go to Lewiston in the spring, flowers blooming, warm temperature, it is a good getaway from the Wallowa County spring weather.

Winco is not really an alternative to Costco, whole different kind of store but it has a "bulk" section that we like...Also not a really good choice because it is in Idaho and we have to pay Idaho sales tax, where in Washington, Oregonians are exempt from sales tax except on alcohol...Trying to weigh all of the odds is mind boggling and there is really no good way to compare......Would it cost us more to stay home and shop (better for the county, but I get less enamored with Safeway every trip,) or would our gasoline, dinner out and impulse buying at "Costalot" negate any other savings?..What to do, what to do?...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment