Saturday, August 8, 2020

Cold but Sunny...41º

The "fall" days of summer have arrived in Wallowa County, this is the main reason that we have to work so hard to have a producing garden...We complain about the 95º days but the garden grows like crazy, then we get a cold snap for a few days and everything skids to a stop!..Our zucchinis are about 3 inches long and skinny, good for a bite or two...Looks like we have a few warmer days in the forecast and things will start to grow again...Have to be thankful for what we get.

The last few days have been restful for us, because when it is cooler, there is less watering to be done and even the weeds slow down a bit...I think Herb has lawn mowing on his agenda today, after changing the filter and oil in the mower, the blinking red light has turned off...That made him sigh with relief.

I should spend some time decluttering our house, tends to get that way when I would rather be outside or if inside, making bread is much more fun, than cleaning...I will try to post a photo this morning, internet is working, now if blogger.com will let me do what I want...Hugs to All...OWAV)

I love begonias but have never had much luck, this year i'm getting a few blooms.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment