Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Color Me Happy

After my friend Joyce made the trip to Walla Walla for Cucumbers, she came to get dill for making pickles and surprised me with 30# of cucumbers...The guy she bought them from had a very large picking that day and really wanted to get rid of them...I was tickled to get them, although I wasn't very prepared to start scrubbing cucumbers...It is all working out, I have them all sorted, 1/3 of them scrubbed and in gallon jars, in brine where they are for 6 weeks before I turn them into sweet pickles.

Herb and I had acupuncture appointments this morning, so I was able to buy more vinegar and salt while in Enterprise...Home now, taking a break, while the jars are washing...When I finish my blog I will start scrubbing more cukes (my least favorite part of pickling)...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Waiting to be scrubbed.

Gallon Jars to make into sweet pickles

!st quart ready for brine

Musik Garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment