Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Pickled...62º

At 5pm, nine quarts of pickles, processed and cooling on the kitchen table, I decided to call it a day...The wisdom of "old age," said, "Enough for today."..A few years ago, I would have kept going until all the pickles were done, and me totally wiped out!

The day had started early, Herb carried jars up from the cellar, loaded them into the dishwasher and set up breakfast of cold cereal, fruit and a hard boiled egg...I had been outside, setting sprinklers to run in the cool of the morning, before I gathered dill and grape leaves from the garden and garlic from the drying shed...By 8:30 we were ready to leave for Enterprise for our twice monthly acupuncture appointments.

A quick stop at SW for vinegar and salt and somehow a rotisserie chicken flew into my cart, hot out of the deli case...A few years ago, I got on a major rant about how bad rotisserie chickens were, I went on and on...I have to admit that at 3pm (remember breakfast was cold cereal) that chicken tasted "damn good,", maybe it was the sliced Imnaha tomatoes and Walla Walla cucumbers that were also on our plates.

By 6pm Pam and I were on the deck, enjoying a glass of wine and conversation, a breeze blowing, and our mountain view in the distance...I was very happy that I had put the cucumbers away to finish in the morning...Now it is morning and I must get moving...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Don't forget the hot peppers.

Ready for the cellar shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment