Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Memory...55º

I've written about my friend Margaret several times, she was my boss, my mentor, my friend...She passed away a little over a year ago, just short of her 95th birthday...When I stopped to visit with the family, as they moved her belongings out of her apartment at the Alpine House, her granddaughter asked if I would like her Christmas Cactus..."Of course" I said not mentioning the fact that I've killed every cactus that I have owned...The following link is from last October, about the "Christmas Cactus," read it to catch up on the story...  link   https://omanumber1.blogspot.com/2020/01/more-memories25.html

I managed to keep the cactus alive during the winter months, repotted it, then watered it too much and thought for sure that it was on its last legs...But in May we moved it to the front porch with the other house plants and the yearly geraniums, to spend the summer...Would you believe that "Maggie" sprouted buds and is now in full bloom as we near Margarets August birthday...I'm surprised and amazed but like Margaret, this cactus is resilient and stubborn as it blooms with abandon, kind of like Margaret lived her life...What a great memory of a dear friend....Hugs To All...OWAV:)






No comments:

Post a Comment