Thursday, August 27, 2020

Sleeping late...46º

 I feel like I should be on my way out the door again this morning, but evidently both Herb and I needed some extra shuteye and it felt good for a change...With the temp at 46º,  the garden cleanup will wait until later...For many years now, we have gotten up early, watched the sunrise out our front window, while we catch up with the world on our "devises."..Years ago we did crossword puzzles in the newspaper, while welcoming in a new day...How times change.

Yesterday, garden vegetables made their way to our dinner table...Stuffed green peppers, alongside roasted potatoes, carrots and onions...Later in the day, I couldn't get the idea of a chocolate zucchini cake out of my mind...Finally I gave in and soon had a chocolate/zucchini mess mixed up in the kitchen...A giant sheet cake, frosted while still hot, was cooling on the counter...Herb helped cleanup another of my messes, before we sat down to a luscious piece of chocolate cake...Tomorrow, if I remember, I will post the cake recipe...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Dinner

Fresh veggies

Chocolate/zucchini Cake

Stuffed pepper/meatloaf.



No comments:

Post a Comment