Sunday, August 23, 2020

Things Happen for a Reason...50º

I'm not a firm believer in this phrase, "things happen for a reason."...But yesterday I found that in some cases it works...For some reason, I haven't been excited about deadheading or weeding in the front flowerbeds...My excuse was, "I don't see that part, when I'm looking at the mountain."...That particular flowerbed requires extra water, because of the big trees, so on a regular basis, I flip the pump switch and let it sprinkle for a couple of hours and it didn't look too bad.

Yesterday I got a good look at it and it needed attention...I stepped over the small irrigation ditch, pulled hand pruners from my pocket and moved the "dead oriental poppy" to one side and reached in to make the cut!..What was left of a quails' nest came into view...Two eggs didn't hatch and broken shells of about 6 eggs were left, from hatched babies...It had been there for awhile, mom and babies long gone, but what went through my mind was the Mom sitting on the nest, protecting the eggs from the two hour soaking with the sprinkler...I cleaned and deadheaded the bed and yes it needs another good soaking!..We have seen the babies, now teenagers, in the yard, eating bugs and seeds, following Mom and Dad Quail...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment