Friday, January 29, 2021

Bread Making Day…28º

Wednesday was kind of dreary, so a perfect day to make bread…I got an early start and went with yeast instead of sourdough…I planned to make wiener wraps and wanted them ready for our 3pm dinner…The dough was soft, stretchy and shaped easily around the wieners…It brought back memories of lunches at school, when we hand rolled over 400 of these to feed about 325 kids…They loved them!


Along with wiener wraps, the dough was shaped into hamburger buns and oblong buns that we use for french dip sandwiches…Two round loaves used up the rest of the dough and go in the freezer for another day…In between stretching and folding of the dough, I worked on sewing projects…I must get this posted, as the “Mean Machine,” is calling me…Hugs To All…OWAV:)






No comments:

Post a Comment